Last Updated on
The only thing that can help you to arrive at a perfect foundation is a quality airbrush. Using an airbrush is the best way to get a flawless makeup quickly, effortlessly, and it improves a person’s natural beauty. This technique of using an airbrush for makeup as opposed to the natural process of using fingers, brushes, and sponges. It is way more like using spray tan, but the airbrush system is a bit on a lower scale.
Normally, the people that often use airbrushes are makeup artists for models when the need flawless foundation and they rely on airbrush makeup guns. However, it does not mean that you cannot use it at home to have an airbrushed look. Just making sure that your skin is clean and smooth provides the best canvas. On the other hand, if you add a foundation that has proper coverage, and makeup sponge which will ensure a seamless blend between the makeup and your skin, you will have the perfect airbrush look.
It will be a wonderful experience if you can achieve the same professional airbrush look at home. It’s possible if you follow the instructions in this article judiciously.
Table of Content
The Things you will Need
- 1 exfoliating cleanser
- A moisturizer
- A foundation
- 1 matte, medium coverage foundation
- A makeup sponge that is egg-shaped
- A color corrector for the under eye
- A matching concealer to your skin tome
- A translucent setting powder
Steps to Follow
Making your Skin Smooth
The first thing that you need to do if you want to do airbrush makeup at home is to keep your face clean and smooth. It can only be achieved through the following;
- Exfoliating and cleansing your face which is a sure way to have a makeup that is airbrushed and flawless. You only need a mild cleanser for the exfoliating or scrub your face to remove any rough or dead skin.
- Make your skin to look supple and smooth with a moisturizer after exfoliating it. You can achieve this by using a light formula which the skin can easily absorb so that your makeup will not look cakey.
- It is now time to apply a foundation primer to fill in the wrinkles, pores, and fine lines to ensure an even and smooth. Make sure that the foundation primer you will use contains silicone for the perfect smooth finish.
Getting the Appropriate Foundation
After making your face smooth, the next step that follows is to get the right foundation. You can achieve it through the following;
- Selecting the best matte foundation to get the perfect airbrush finish. Why you should use the matte foundation is that it reflects lesser light. This, in turn, makes your pores less prominent and provides a smooth look. The matte foundation can also reduce the shine so that your makeup can have the flawless and smooth look.
- Choose the foundation that has medium coverage which can cover most of your skin’s imperfections and discolorations. A medium coverage foundation will ensure that you can only use little foundation and still cover up most of your skin flaws.
- Apply a sponge on your face to ensure that the foundation is properly pressed on your skin. Using fingers to apply the foundation can result in patchiness and streaks on your skin. That is why using an egg-shaped sponge can bounce the foundation gently into your skin for an airbrushed seamless look.
Getting the Perfect Skin
For you to get the perfect skin for your airbrush makeup, you should do the following;
- You should get hold of your color corrector and apply it under your eyes. This is the best way to cover the prominent dark circles that under your eyes. Dark circles which are obvious to the eye can spoil your flawless makeup. You can use a color corrector with orange or peach color to counteract the dark circle’s blue tones. All you have to do is to gently pat the under your eyes with the corrector and blend it in with your finger.
- Apply your dot concealer on your discolorations, blemishes, and under your eyes. A concealer that matches the tone of your skin will help you to cover the spots that show through your makeup.
- Dust powder on your face to apply the necessary finishing touches to your makeup. It is advisable to use a setting powder if you want to lock-in your concealer and foundation in place. You should use a translucent, lightweight formula, and use a fluffy, large brush to apply the powder. The brush will ensure that the deposit on your face will be a light layer. Don’t dust the powder all over your face. Just concentrate on your T-zones, chin, nose, and forehead which are the places that are liable to become shiny.
After going through the above instructions, there is no doubt that you can now do your airbrush makeup at home. Besides, your makeup will have the classic professional look.
Image Source: Amazon.Com