The only thing that can help you arrive at a perfect foundation is a quality airbrush. Using an airbrush is the best way to get flawless makeup quickly and effortlessly, improving a person’s natural beauty. However, this technique of using an airbrush for makeup is opposed to the natural process of using fingers, brushes, and sponges. It is way more like spray tan, but the airbrush system is a bit lower.
Normally, the people that often use airbrushes are makeup artists for models when they need flawless foundation, and they rely on airbrush makeup guns. However, it does not mean that you cannot use it at home to have an airbrushed look. Making sure that your skin is clean and smooth provides the best canvas. On the other hand, adding a foundation with proper coverage and a makeup sponge that will ensure a seamless blend between the makeup and your skin will have the perfect airbrush look.
It will be a wonderful experience to achieve the same professional airbrush look at home. It’s possible if you follow the instructions in this article judiciously.
The Things you will Need
- One exfoliating cleanser
- A moisturizer
- A foundation
- One matte, medium coverage foundation
- An egg-shaped makeup sponge
- A color corrector for the under eye
- A matching concealer to your skin tone
- A translucent setting powder
Steps to Follow
Making your Skin Smooth
The first thing you need to do if you want to do airbrush makeup at home is to keep your face clean and smooth. It can only be achieved through the following;
- Exfoliating and cleansing your face is a sure way to have airbrushed and flawless makeup. You only need a mild cleanser for exfoliating or scrubbing your face to remove any rough or dead skin.
- Make your skin look supple and smooth with a moisturizer after exfoliating it. You can achieve this by using a light formula that the skin can easily absorb so that your makeup will not look cakey.
- It is now time to apply a foundation primer to fill in the wrinkles, pores, and fine lines to ensure an even and smooth. Ensure that the foundation primer you will use contains silicone for the perfect smooth finish.
Getting the Appropriate Foundation
After making your face smooth, the next step is to get the right foundation. You can achieve it through the following;
- You are selecting the best matte foundation to get the perfect airbrush finish. Why you should use the matte foundation is that it reflects lesser light. This, in turn, makes your pores less prominent and provides a smooth look. The matte foundation can also reduce the shine so that your makeup can have a flawless and smooth look.
- Choose the foundation with medium coverage that can cover most of your skin’s imperfections and discolorations. A medium-coverage foundation will ensure that you can only use a little foundation and still cover up most of your skin flaws.
- Apply a sponge on your face to ensure that the foundation is properly pressed on your skin. Using fingers to apply the foundation can result in patchiness and streaks on your skin. That is why using an egg-shaped sponge can bounce the foundation gently into your skin for an airbrushed seamless look.
Getting the Perfect Skin with Airbrush Makeup
For you to get the perfect skin for your airbrush makeup, you should do the following;
- You should get hold of your color corrector and apply it under your eyes. This is the best way to cover the prominent dark circles under your eyes. Dark circles which are obvious to the eye can spoil your flawless makeup. You can use a color corrector with orange or peach to counteract the dark circle’s blue tones. All you have to do is gently pat the under your eyes with the corrector and blend it in with your finger.
- Apply your dot concealer on your discolorations, blemishes, and under your eyes. A concealer that matches your skin tone will help you cover the spots that show through your makeup.
- Dust powder on your face to apply the necessary finishing touches to your makeup. It is advisable to use a setting powder to lock your concealer and foundation in place. You should use a translucent, lightweight formula and a fluffy, large brush to apply the powder. The brush will ensure that the deposit on your face will be a light layer. Don’t dust the powder all over your face. Just concentrate on your T-zones, chin, nose, and forehead, which are the places that are liable to become shiny.
After going through the above instructions, there is no doubt that you can now do your airbrush makeup at home. Besides, your makeup will have a classic professional look.
Image Source: Amazon.Com