Colour contacts, also known as coloured lenses, are contact lenses that allow you to see colour. As the name implies, they come in various colors that may change your vision. They are available over the counter and can be worn for several hours or overnight. These lenses can make you look like a different person and have become quite popular among people who want to experiment with their eyes. Some people use them for aesthetic purposes, while others use them for vision correction or to avoid eye strain during computer work. The best colorful contact lenses are also used by medical professionals and cosplay enthusiasts, who alter their eyes’ appearance for fun or cosplay purposes.
Get Ready to Shine Bright with the Best Colorful Contact Lenses
Colored contact lenses are a great way to add vibrant color to your eyes without the hassle of painting or drawing on your eyes. They come in 8 vibrant shades: brown, hazel, green, aqua, and purple. These colors can help you look vibrant and fresh no matter the occasion. You can wear colored contacts for subtle adjustments or dramatic changes to your eye color. They’re also great for dramatic makeup looks, cosplay, and Halloween costumes. With colored contacts, you can still be creative and have fun while wearing eyeshadow and mascara in a way that isn’t possible with traditional colored contacts. That’s why they’re so popular among fashion-conscious individuals.
Prescription vs. Non-Prescription Color Contact Lenses
- It is essential to wear colored contact lenses without a prescription in the correct prescribed strength. Wearing colored contacts without a prescription can cause permanent damage to the eyes, including eye irritation and eye inflammation.
- When dealing with colored contact lenses, it’s important to follow the prescribed care guidelines from an eye care professional. This will ensure that you receive the most effective treatment for your eyes.
- Prescription-colored contacts exist and cost the same as their non-prescription counterparts, but they are designed to provide vision correction more naturally than non-prescription lenses.
- Non-prescription lenses can lead to cuts, scratches, and infections and may not let in enough oxygen to the eye, potentially leading to permanent blindness. It’s important to follow instructions from an eye care professional to ensure proper care of colored contacts.
Explore the Different Types of Colorful Contact Lenses
Color contact lenses are cosmetic lenses for the eyes made of colored plastic or other materials. These lenses come in various types, including transparent-tinted lenses, computer-generated opaque contacts, and hand-painted custom contacts. Some people wear colored contacts to change their eye color subtly or dramatically. People may choose colored contacts because they can look natural and realistic on the eyes. Another type of colored contact lens is Chiara Lens. This lens type is characterized by highly natural and realistic shades, with innovative materials used in their making, providing maximum comfort. Most types of color lenses can be specially ordered with various prescriptions and specifications, allowing you to find the perfect fit for your eyes and preferences. Color contact lenses are an exciting way to enhance your eyes’ look and make them stand out. They’re also a great way to experiment with eye color and shape without the hassle of eye surgery.
Cosmetic Colored Contact Lenses
There are a variety of colored contact lenses available, from transparent-tinted lenses to computer-generated opaque lenses. Depending on the patient’s needs, patients can choose from various color options, including natural eye colors and faded eye colors. Colored contact lenses are designed to change eye color temporarily, and some types also provide vision correction. The American Academy of Ophthalmology (AAO) recommends getting an eye exam and prescription from an eye care professional before wearing colored contacts. These lenses should be cared for just as vision-correcting contacts and may cause permanent damage if worn without a prescription. Patients must take care when selecting colored contact lenses and ensure they choose ones suitable for their eyes and skin type.
Costume Colored Contact Lenses
Costume-coloured contact lenses, special effects, or novelty lenses, such as cat or vampire eyes, create an unnatural appearance. These lenses are commonly worn on Halloween. Costumes can range from those that look like normal eye color to ones that are entirely colored contacts. Such lenses are often worn to enhance one’s costume and make it eye-catching. These lenses can also be used for other special occasions, like Halloween. While they may seem appealing and dramatic, costume-coloured contact lenses should only be used with a doctor’s prescription and under careful supervision. They can cause eye damage if not cared for properly, so it is important to follow the instructions on the prescription label when wearing these lenses. Besides, colored contact lenses are safe if prescribed by a doctor and used properly.
Enhancement Tint Lenses
Color-enhancing lenses are designed to boost the natural eye color without transforming it. These lenses can be found in different shades to match the eye color, including green, blue, lighter shades of brown, and honey. They are typically lighter and thinner than opaque lenses, making them more comfortable. Opaque lenses may be better for a more dramatic eye color change. These lenses offer the best balance between vision and comfort while hiding the eyes from external light. These lenses are especially useful for those who are looking for subtle changes to their eye color. They are perfect for those who want to look natural and natural-looking and stand out at work or in social settings. Whether wearing them for work or pleasure, color-enhancing lenses will help you achieve your eye-catching look easily and confidently.
Visibility Tint Lenses
Visibility Tint lenses are contact lenses available in a single color or blended colors that can mimic natural iris color. These lenses produce a subtle effect that adds depth to the natural eye color without changing it completely. They are generally used to look more natural and enhance vision. Other lenses, such as Opaque lenses, can completely cover up an individual’s natural eye color. The other type of colored contact lens is the Circle lens, which has a dark ring around the iris to create a subtle but dramatic effect. Colored contact lenses come in different sizes, patterns, and densities. There are contact lenses for every style and budget, so you can create your look and feel stunningly beautiful.
Opaque Color Lenses
Opaque lenses are contact lenses that completely cover the natural eye color. They look and feel like natural eyes but with the added comfort of being stabilized inside the eye. Opaque lenses come in a single color or multiple colors that can mimic natural iris colors. However, some opt for contacts with a dark ring around the iris to create a subtle but dramatic effect. Sports-tinted lenses are practical and cosmetic, allowing people to wear contacts while participating in outdoor activities such as swimming, running, and biking. Opaque lenses are available in several types, including transparent-tinted lenses and hand-painted custom contacts that look authentic.
Special Effects Lenses
Special effects lenses can be used to alter the appearance of the eyes. For instance, lenses that change eye color or shape can be used for a temporary change. Opaque lenses can cover up natural eye color and make it more dramatic. Patterned lenses come in almost any design, so you can find one to suit your look and personality. Some lenses also have colored edges or centres to achieve a dramatic change in eye color. There are various color options for brown eyes to create unique looks. Whether looking for a natural look or a dramatic change, special effects lenses can help you achieve your vision goals.
Medical Colored Contact Lenses
Color contact lenses require a prescription to be safe and effective. If you are considering wearing color contact lenses, it is important to consult an eye doctor to ensure the lenses fit and are of the right strength and type for your eyes. It is also important to wear colored contacts only after a vision specialist has confirmed that they will provide the best possible vision without correction. Even if you wear contact lenses for cosmetic purposes, such as changing eye color or enhancing your eyes’ natural appearance, an eye care professional should only wear contact lenses. These professionals will know how to safely and properly care for contact lenses, ensuring they stay in place and provide the best vision possible.
Discover the Benefits of Wearing the Best Eye Color Contacts
- Colored contact lenses are a fun and easy way to alter your look. They’re available in various vibrant colors, offering subtle or bold changes to your eyes. They’re designed to help correct vision problems such as astigmatism or hyperopia and can be used for everyday wear or special events.
- Colored contact lenses are made from plastic or silicone and come in ring sizes ranging from 00 to 14. These rings come in varying shades, allowing you to customize the look of your lenses.
- The cost of colored contacts varies depending on the type and the number of lenses needed. The average cost is around $100 per pair but can range from $50 to $200.
- Whether you opt for prescription or non-prescription colored contacts, following your eye doctor’s instructions and research is important before deciding.
Color contact lenses are disposable lenses designed to change the appearance of the eyes. They come in various colors and can help patients look more natural and vibrant. These lenses can be easily applied without eye surgery or traditional doctor visits. They are also considered safe and effective when used as prescribed. However, it is recommended that patients wait two to six months after LASIK before starting to wear contact lenses.
Colorful contact lenses can change the appearance of the eyes, from enhancing vision to making the eyes look brighter and more beautiful. However, colored contacts should only be worn with a prescription from an eye care professional. A prescription helps ensure the lenses are safe and effective for the wearer. Without a prescription, colored contacts can be dangerous, causing permanent eye damage. Additionally, eye care professionals can prescribe color contacts with objective power (i.e., with 0.0) to suit individual needs and preferences. Before investing in a pair of colored contacts, getting input from an eye care professional is always recommended.
If you wear colored contact lenses, protecting your eyes from the sun’s harmful UV rays is vital. When wearing colored contacts, sunglasses are important to protect your eyes from the sun’s UV rays. To ensure you look great while wearing colored contacts, look for UV protection lenses. Additionally, make sure to only use lenses with no visible damage or tears that can expose your eye to the sun. Also, remember to store your lenses overnight in a disinfecting solution to prevent them from getting exposed to UV rays. If you experience eye pain or discomfort while wearing colored lenses, it is important to stop wearing them immediately and seek medical attention.
Colorful contact lenses are designed to change the color of your eyes. They do this by adding some color to them. These lenses can help improve the appearance of your eyes and make them look natural and appealing. Besides, they benefit people who want to look different from their usual look. They can also help the eyes stay moist while wearing them, making these contacts comfortable. Besides, choosing a trusted provider for these lenses is essential, as they will provide you with the best quality and safety. In addition, Misaki lenses come with a high water content of 45-55%, ensuring your eyes stay moist while wearing them. Overall, colored contacts are a great option for those who want to look stunning and unique at all times. It is important to visit an eye doctor before buying colored contacts, as it will ensure safety and comfort when wearing them.
Learn How to Choose the Right Colorful Contact Lenses for You
- Make sure to purchase your colored contact lenses from a reputable retailer that requires a prescription. Look for lenses with the same hue as your natural eye color for the most natural look. This will ensure that your eyes look their brightest and healthiest.
- Other factors to consider when choosing colored lenses include accuracy and durability. The lenses should feel comfortable and not cause eye strain or irritation, and they should last for the duration of your wear.
- Another consideration is the natural-looking design. The lenses should be designed to complement your eye color and not appear unnatural or obvious, so you can choose lenses with curved edges or iris shapes that look natural on the eyes.
- Finally, consider the level of water content in the lenses. The higher the water level in a lens, the more comfortable it is to wear them and the less likely it is to irritate your eyes. However, remember not to exceed the recommended wearing time of 8 hours daily.
Understand the Different Types of Colorful Contact Lenses
Color contact lenses are a fun way to change your eye color and are often used for everyday wear. These lenses can be worn for many occasions, from casual to more formal events. Some lenses enhance natural eye color without completely replacing it, while others replace all eye color with a different color. Opaque lenses are the best choice for those seeking to completely cover up their natural eye color. It’s important to purchase colored contact lenses from reputable retailers to ensure safety and high quality. Whether you’re interested in changing eye color or just looking for a new and dramatic way to accentuate your look, colored contact lenses are an ideal option.
Decide Whether You Want Disposable or Reusable Lenses
Colored contact lenses are lenses that can change the color of your vision. They are worn in place of standard lenses in glasses and can be worn for multiple activities, from wearing eyewear to going outdoors. Besides, they are safe to use as long as the wearing time specified by the manufacturer is followed. There are non-prescription and prescription colored contact lenses available, which can be tailor-made to suit individual needs. It is important to treat colored contact lenses like you would any standard lens; do not share them and do opt to wear them beyond the recommended wearing time designated by the manufacturer.
Understand the Risks of Colorful Contact Lenses
Wearing colored contact lenses without a prescription can cause permanent damage to the eyes. In addition, improperly fitted lenses can cause scratches to the cornea, open sores on the eye’s surface, and eye infection. If you are prone to pink eye, eye infections, or corneal abrasions, it is important to know where you get your colored contacts from. Not all colored contact lenses are safe to wear; some may irritate and obstruct vision. The safest option for contact lenses is always to use an eye doctor’s prescription. Cosmetic-colored contact lenses are classified as medical devices and require a contact lens prescription before purchasing. So if you are interested in experimenting with different colored contacts but concerned about safety, talk with your doctor first and see what options are available.
Consider Your Skin Tone
Optical color contacts are lenses that change the wearer’s eye color. They can help change eye color when you have dark or light eyes. They are available in various colors and finishes to suit different skin tones. Whether you’re wearing them for cosplay or daily wear, opt for lenses with an opaque ring around the iris to create a subtle but dramatic effect. Sports-tinted lenses are practical and cosmetic and reduce glare while athletes wear them. Other types of colored contacts, such as eye tints, color-enhancement lenses, and cosmetic contacts, may also work well for light eyes. But it is important to consider your skin tone and eye color when choosing contacts that look best on you.
Consider the Cost of Colorful Contact Lenses
Color contact lenses can be a cost-effective way to enhance your vision. They come in various styles, colors, and strengths and can be worn for long periods without discomfort. But before buying colored contact lenses, you should consider their cost and suitability for your vision needs. Colored contact lenses range in price depending on the type and size of lens you choose. Standard lenses typically start at $28 for monthly lenses and go up to $35 per pair, while Toric lenses typically cost $60 for a monthly supply. Prescription lenses are priced the same as non-prescription lenses, and Toric lenses cost more due to their more precise specifications. When shopping for colored contact lenses, consider the color choice and vision needs.
Find Out How to Use Colorful Contact Lenses Safely and Comfortably
Consult with an Eye Care Professional Before Use
Whenever someone opts to wear colored contact lenses, it is essential to consult with an eye care professional for a prescription before use. Contact lenses are designed to be worn safely and comfortably by consulting with an eye care professional. Online retailers without a prescription are not typically safe to use. Unusual irritation, pain, redness, or excessive eye tearing should be monitored when wearing contact lenses. Clean hands should be used when inserting contact lenses into the eyes. Eye care professionals can provide advice on lens care and maintenance.
Know How to Insert and Remove Colorful Contact Lenses
Color contacts are lenses designed to change your eyes’ natural color temporarily. They can be a fun and exciting way to look different day to night, but color contacts should only be worn safely and comfortably. Before putting in colored contact lenses, you must take care of a few steps. First, ensure you have a contact lens case to store your lenses in and a bottle of contact lens solution to soak them in for off hours. Next, soak your lenses in solution for at least two hours before you put them in your eyes for the first time. After inserting your lenses, follow the instructions in our blog “Wearing and Caring for Colored Contact Lenses” to get the most out of them. If you notice any unusual irritation, pain, redness, or excessive tearing in your eyes while wearing color contacts, remove them immediately to prevent eye damage and vision loss. Overall, wearing colored contacts safely and comfortably is vital to look your best.
Know How to Clean and Maintain Colorful Contact Lenses
It’s essential to wash your hands thoroughly before touching lenses and eyes. Additionally, it’s best to use an eye care solution to clean lenses rather than tap water, saliva, or household products. It’s also important to keep contact away from cosmetic products such as makeup, deodorant, or hairspray. Replace lenses after the recommended period of use (e.g., one day, 90 days, or one year). Finally, do not share lenses with anyone else. Following these safety tips and caring for your color contacts will serve you well for years.
Follow Wearing Instructions
Rhodia color contacts are safe when worn according to the manufacturer’s instructions. However, it is always a good idea to follow these steps to ensure safe and comfortable contact lens wear:
- Buy contact lenses from a reputable retailer
- Never share contact lenses with anyone else
- Respect the recommended wearing time of the contact lenses
- Always clean lenses thoroughly with water and eye drop before reuse
- Sterilize lenses before and after use with a sterile solution
These steps will help ensure your color contacts are safe and effective for wearing. When you follow these tips and wear your color contacts safely and comfortably, you can look great and feel confident.
Avoid Sharing Lenses
Knowing the risks is important before deciding if you’re considering wearing colorful contact lenses. Contact lenses can cause eye irritation and even blindness if worn incorrectly. Before wearing contact lenses, you should speak with your doctor and review your eye care routine. It’s also important to avoid sharing contact lenses with others. If you experience any problems with your contact lenses, take them off and consult a doctor as soon as possible. By taking these steps, you can ensure safe and comfortable contact lens wear and avoid eye damage if you are not wearing your lenses correctly.
Avoid Wearing Lenses for too Long.
Following some safe and comfortable tips is important if you wear contact lenses. First, wear the lenses for the recommended period. This will ensure you get the best eye care benefits from your lenses. Also, avoid wearing lenses for longer than the recommended period. If your lenses feel uncomfortable or you begin to experience eye redness, lens-related eye problems may be present. Finally, store your lenses overnight in a disinfecting solution before use. This will help reduce the risk of eye infection. If you have questions about your eye care routine or how to wear contact lenses safely and comfortably, contact your eye doctor for advice.
Remove Lenses If You Experience Discomfort
It is essential to follow safe practices when using color contact lenses. If you are experiencing discomfort, it may be time to take them off and replace them with another pair. To avoid eye irritation, it’s best to wear lenses for a limited time and rotate them with other brands. Opt for an eye drop solution rather than soap or water when cleaning your contacts. This will help to prevent eye irritation and reduce the risk of vision loss. Additionally, wear contacts only if they feel comfortable on your eyes. If you are uncertain about the safety of your lenses, consult your optometrist for further guidance.
Best Selling Contact Lenses Care Products of 2023
To help you decide which colored lenses are right, consider the following choices. Each of these colored contacts has its benefits and drawbacks – make sure to research each one thoroughly before making your final decision.
- 【Fashion&Unique Marble Style】Each lens box has a unique marbled design. You can secure your contact lens in a beautiful case all the time. NO DOUBT, OSGP contact lens case box will be your best contact lens friend. Also a great gift idea for yourself, friends or family.
- 【Amazing Lovely Contact Lens Case】Colorful quicksand glitters flows with liquid shining like stars. Eye catching color looks very beautiful, colorful glitters flow has a dreamy atmosphere. It is also an amazing gift choice for women and girls.
- 【High Quality Material】OSGP contact lens cases are made of environmentally-friendly PP material, sturdy and durable, safe and toxin-free, which does no harm to your lenses;
- 【Leakproof Design】The solution bottle cap and lens cases are both leakproof, the screw threads can seal your case well without any leakage even it is upside down;. This mirror shine contact box can always help keep your lens moist and clean, also prevent your case from dust and scratches, very helpful indeed.
- 【Compact And Easy To Carry】Small enough to fit all accessories needed, include 1 solution bottle, 1 tweezers, 1 contacts applicator (contact lens remover), 1 built-in mirror, 1 contact lens case. One-piece stylish portable contact lens case with simple design and easy to carry. These tools will help apply and remove your contact lens without touching.
- Can help to keep your contact lens clean and clear.
- Made of PVC, green, environmental, and nontoxic.
- Small size, fully functional, convenient for you to use.
- Small in size and light in weight, easy to carry and clean.
- The interior features a built-in mirror, contact lens stick, tweezers, and a solution bottle.
- Dome diameter: 0.79 inch/ 20 mm;Color random shipping
- Very special and beautiful Glass Flatback Cabs
- Easy to use, just glue it on anything you like
- Suit for making cameo pendants, photo jewelry, DIY crafts, fridge magnet, key chain and bracelet
- Solid and work beautifully, crystal glass cabochon with non-calibrated round
- Clear Care uses the bubbling power of hydrogen peroxide to make your lenses so fresh, they feel like new
- Powerful Triple Action Cleaning loosens dirt, deep cleans and removes protein
- Exclusive lens case features a platinum disc which activates our gentle, bubbling action and neutralizes our hydrogen peroxide into a gentle saline solution
- Never put Clear Care Solution directly in or around your eyes. Follow instructions completely and do not skip any steps
- Safe for all Soft and Rigid Gas Permeable Contact Lenses
- Renu ADVANCED FORMULA: Our newest contact lens innovation, this multi-purpose solution works to hydrate your lenses for all-day comfort.
- MULTI-PURPOSE LENS SOLUTION: renu multipurpose contact lens solution can be used daily to clean your lenses, store them in a contact lens case when not being worn, and rinse lenses.
- SIMPLIFY YOUR CONTACT LENS CARE: Go beyond clean and keep your contacts feeling clean and comfortable with renu contact solution.
- Renu FROM BAUSCH and LOMB: Renu Advanced Formula is our newest innovation in lens care & replaces both renu fresh & renu sensitive with one solution created to help enhance your lens wearing experience.
- BAUSCH and LOMB CONTACT LENS SOLUTION: Go beyond clean with renu.
- Innovative formula specially designed for contact lens wearers
- Relieves mild to moderate symptoms of eye dryness, irritation, and discomfort associated with contact lens wear
- Hydrocell technology enables hydration and maintains the volume of cells on the eye's surface
- You may keep your contacts in upon application
- May also be used to lubricate and rewet soft and rigid gas permeable (RGP) contact lenses and to cushion lenses prior to application
- Silicone acrylate and fluorosilicone acrylate rigid gas permeable lenses are recommended for use with REFRESH RELIEVA FOR CONTACTS. Consult your eye care practitioner to identify the lens you wear.
- Doctor recommended with over 30 years of experience; REFRESH Family of Products, Ipsos Healthcare, 2021 REFRESH ECP Recommendation Survey.
- COMPACT & LIGHTWEIGHT: Made of leather and soft & protective lining, fits most size eye glasses, ultra lightweight that adds minimum bulk and weight while on the go or carrying around.
- 2 IN 1 DOUBLE DESIGN: Features with 2 in 1 design (two sides in one case), one for the eyeglasses,the other for contact lenses and its accessories. Perfect for storing reading eyeglasses and sunglasses. Great for travel and bussiness travel, easy and convenient access to yor eyeglasses.
- CONTACT LENS CASE: Come with contact lens accessories, includeing contact lensbox, contact lens solution bottle, remover tool and tweezer. There is a mirror on the case as well. A complete contact lens accessories, perfect for outdoor and travel. It can hold most of contact lenses and it is easy to change your own contact lens case.
- FULL PROTECTION: Gives your eyeglasses full protection, protect your eye glasses from shocking and scratching, provides excellent protection from scratches, dirt, shocks and other daily damages.
- SPACE SAVER & PERFECT FOR TRAVEL: 2 in 1 design, it will not take up too much space. No need to bring another eyeglasses holdere or another contact lens case. When remove contact lens, your eyeglass is near by. Just put it in your bag and travel outside!
- 4 set mini contact lenses holder boxes. Accessories in the boxes: Tweezers + stick + lenses holder case
- The transparent box allows you to clearly see the color of your contact lenses without opening it.
- No need to rotate the upper cover to open, anti-leaking silicone seals provide full protection for your contact lenses.
- Portable, small size, easy to carry. Keeping your contact lenses clean and clear.
- Suitable for travelling or outdoor activity or daily contact lens care.
- ✅【High Quality Material】The contact lens case is made of eco-friendly plastic materials, with a simple design and comfortable feel. It is safe to your eyes use and also durable.
- ✅【Easy to Carry】Our contact lens box is solid but lightweight. Small enough that is perfectly suitable for handbags.
- ✅【Contact Lens Kit】Include contact lens holder with L & R * 1, contact lens tweezer * 1, contact lens remover * 1, built-in mirror * 1. These tools will help apply and remove your contact lens for travel and outdoor activities.
- ✅【Portable Size】Contact lens case size: 2.68x1.73x0.87 inch/6.8x4.4x2.2cm. Suitable for most soft lenses, hard lenses and colored contact lenses.
- ✅【Value Pack】Package includes 3 pack contact lens cases (Brown + Blue + Violet). If you have any question of our product, please feel free to contact us.
- Material: These contact lens cases made of plastic, sturdy and durable, protect your contact lenses from damage.
- Size: 2.4 * 1.1 * 0.6 Inch, Small, light and easy to carry. Put them in your pocket, purse, backpack, car, take your contact lenses wherever you need them.
- Assorted Colors: Each package comes in 6 colors: white+purple, white+green,blue+white, pink+white, blue+purple, pink+green. You can use different color cases to distinguish different color contact lenses.
- Screw Top: The top is easy to open or close, no leakage of water, suitable for travel or other outdoor activities. Each top has an "L" or "R" to distinguish left and right, You can also distinguish left and right with different colored tops.
- One Year Supply: Recommended that you change the contact case once a month, we provide you with 12 contact lens cases.
Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated on this page and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed at the purchase time will apply to this product.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are contact lenses safe to wear?
Contact lenses are one of the most commonly worn medical devices, and most people who wear them are satisfied with the results. However, just like any other medical device, contact lenses can sometimes have side effects and be unsafe to wear. One of the safest options for contact lenses is prescription contact lenses. These lenses are made to fit properly and provide accurate vision correction. In contrast, non-prescription contact lenses can cause permanent eye damage if incorrectly fitted or used incorrectly. One of the benefits of wearing colored contact lenses is the added protection from ultraviolet (UV) radiation. Sunglasses may not offer enough protection from the sun, so colored contact lenses can be a good option for people who frequently spend time outside during the day. It is important to follow best practices when wearing contact lenses, such as washing hands before putting them in and out, avoiding using damaged or torn lenses, and only using sterilized saline solution to clean them. If you experience any signs of infection, such as redness, itchiness, or discharge, stop using your contact lenses immediately and see a doctor.
Can I sleep or nap with contact lenses in?
It is not recommended to sleep or nap with contact lenses in, as this increases the risk of eye infections. Contact lenses are not suitable for everyone and may not be the best option if you have dry eye syndrome, allergies to contact cleaning solutions or children.
Can you swim with contacts?
Generally, yes, you can swim with contacts. However, always check with the contact lens manufacturer before swimming if you have any concerns about them affecting your vision. And, of course, remember to remove your contacts before swimming!
What do I do if my contact lens rips?
If your contact lens has ripped, you should immediately throw it away. If removing the contact lens becomes difficult or you cannot find the ripped piece, it is best to see a professional. A professional can use a microscope to help remove the torn piece safely. Additionally, they may also be able to replace the lens for you. Visit our full article on how to handle ripped contact lenses to learn more.
How do I clean and care for my colored contact lenses?
Follow these simple instructions to clean and care for your colored contact lenses.
- Wash your hands thoroughly before handling lenses or attempting to insert & remove them.
- Always soak your contact lenses in a solution for at least two hours before inserting them into your eyes.
- Clean and replace your lens case regularly and replace the eye care solution.
- Remove your contact lenses before bed, bathing, showering or participating in water sports.
- Gently put in contact lenses and ensure they are properly placed before blinking.
Color contact lenses are a convenient and safe way of changing the color of your eyes to match that of contact lenses. They offer many benefits, such as comfort, vision correction, and improved appearance. A colored contact lens can help treat conditions like red eyes, eye fatigue, and color blindness. If you’re considering color contacts for correction or enhancement, contact lenses from an experienced eye care professional are the best place to start. It is essential to consult with your eye care professional before using colored contact lenses and follow all the instructions they provide carefully. They will guide you through the different colored contact lenses and help you choose the best. Using colored contact lenses safely is also essential to ensure long-term benefits.